Ways You Can Help
Donations of groceries help re-stock Salvation Army pantries, so our meal and emergency food programs can continue. Items should be within the expiration date. We cannot use or give away expired foods. Drop off your non-perishables Mon-Fri (9 a.m.-3 p.m.) at The Salvation Army Hayward Corps, 430 A St., Hayward. Thank you so much for your donation.
- Canned meats (spam, salmon, chicken, tuna, beef, Vienna sausage);
- Canned beans (kidney, pinto, butter, black, refried, chili,etc.);
- Canned vegetables (corn, green beans, peas, mixed vegetables, potatoes, kale, spinach, carrots);
- Canned fruit; applesauce, fruit or pudding cups;
- Jelly & jams, peanut butter;
- Fruit juices (boxed or bottled), coffee, tea, creamers, kool aid;
- Canned chili, spaghetti, ravioli, SpaghettiOs, soups, meals;
- Boxed cereals;
- Muffin and cornbread mixes, cooking oil, Crisco;
- Noodles, rice, pasta, mac and cheese, cup o’ noodles;
- Side dish items (pasta or rice mixes, instant potatoes, etc.);
- Salad dressings, condiments, crackers;
- Dessert baking mixes, sugar, flour;
- Powdered milk, boxed milk, soy milk, almond milk, rice milk;
- Snack items (chips, crackers, cookies, etc.);
- Laundry detergent, fabric softener, dryer sheets, dish soap;
- Baby food and diapers, pins, juices, snacks, wipes;
- Pet food, leashes, flea medicine, snacks, first aid kits;
- Toiletries (toothbrushes, tooth paste, lotion, shampoo, body soap, wash, toilet paper, sanitary pads, razors, shave cream).
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army Hayward Corps is a church, community center and full social services organization at 430 A St., Hayward, serving all age groups in Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, Dublin, Livermore and Pleasanton. Donations are appreciated. Generous public support allows us to continue DOING THE MOST GOOD in Alameda County. Call (510) 581-6444.