PGE and Reach Assistance
Here at The Salvation Army, we do our best to help those in need. We understand that there are times where you get behind and need an extra helping hand. Thus, here we are.
- Customer must have a residential account with PG&E in the name of an adult living in the household.
- Customer must demonstrate an uncontrollable or unplanned change in their ability to pay their PG&E bill.
- Customer must not live in subsidized housing (Exceptions: Seniors, permanently disabled or terminally ill).
- Customer must not have received REACH assistance within the past 18 months.
- Customer income must not exceed the REACH income guidelines, which are currently 200% percent above the federal poverty guidelines.
- All Oakland and San Leandro residence MUST CALL 510-437-9437 and ask for Patricia to be Pre-screened. Call in times for Pre-Screening is Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 9:00 am. If you meet qualification you will be scheduled an appointment with a case worker.
- All San Lorenzo, Castro Valley and Hayward applicants MUST CALL 510-581-6444 and ask for Loretta to be Pre-Screened. Call times for Pre-Screening are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 am to 10:00 am. If you meet qualification, you will be scheduled an appointment with a case worker.
- All Newark, Fremont and Union City applicats MUST CALL 510-383-9300 and ask for Mary Ann to be Pre-screened. Call in times for Pre-Screening is Monday through Friday 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm. If you meet qualification you will be scheduled an appointment with a case worker.